Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Caught Me Offguard


(Personal blog post)

Just had the weirdest occurrence. I was at a nearby shopping centre, walking to the bus stop, when suddenly this guy smoking at one corner stopped me & offered me a lift home.

I guess I couldn't hide my bafflement, so he told me my block number & said he stayed at the same block as me. So that's how I got a lift home & a new friend at the same time!

On the way back he told me he noticed me one day at the lift at my floor when my dad passed Jessiah a picture (one of those old, large ones) and he then passed it to me. He couldn't remember what I told my son, (neither could I) but he said it showed I was a good dad, at least better than the one he had...

And that made quite an impression on him as he had just become a dad himself. His baby is 4 months old!

Personally, my first inner reaction was cynicism. “I wonder what would he have thought of me if he caught me yelling at Jessiah?” Later on, however, it dawned on me that people notice me even when I am too caught up with my own world (happens very often).  Sometimes what seems like no big deal to us may actually leave a favorable impression on onlookers.

And of course, since we don’t always see things the way God does, maybe God is really impressed or very touched by what we do also? Just a thought…

No comments: