Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

How NOT to recruit musicians

I came across this excellent article on recruiting church musicians.


It's well written. Not only does it cover what I consider important (as written in my article here - http://www.invisibleworshipmusician.com/article02.htm) it also has some insights I didn't consider before, like how people with the gift of helps end up in the worship ministry.

I also like how the writer would offer to teach music-score-dependant pianists how to read the lead sheets they use. It's a requirement in his church, some pianists can't meet it, but if they are serious, genuinely serious about serving God in the worship ministry, he'll take the effort to help them meet it. (so those with more heart than ability have no excuse to not buck up!)

It's a great article, so I wanted to share it with you. Again, it's over here at


If you like it, do leave a comment on the page to encourage the writer (public encouragement like this is the way to go in the social media age). Enjoy!

No comments: