Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Looking Back

(personal blog post)

August is the month I do a lot of looking back.

Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems like lots of significant things happen to me in August. Should I go check it up in the Jewish calendar and see if it coincides with any specific Jewish season, feast or event? :)

So I naturally think through past events even more during August. I read through my old notes, I flip through my journals and even look at older emails. There's always a sense of nostagia, of how innocent I was then. I always feel as if I am getting more jaded and cynical as the days go by. Of course, in a year's time I'll look back at this post and think about how innocent I was back then!

I usually don't have enough time or mind-space to spare for reminiscing, because I am really busy. But once a year I make the time for it. It's good, I find that it helps me plan better how to use the rest of the year, so that I won't be totally frustrated and remorseful over wasted time by the end of the year.

But August 2011 is over. Enough of looking back, time to get things done. I still have four more months to make 2011 rock, so let's keep going! :)

No comments: