Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Worship Leader Tutorial - Awesome In Power

Awesome in Power (Rick Founds, CCLI#631526) is a simple and powerful song that works well in many worship situations. This vid is about how I'd teach it and lead it for a group of people who don't know the song. Enjoy!



As you'll see from the video and the notes, this is a easy song for people to latch on to and use. If I had to lead worship for a group of people whom I totally don't know, and if they don't know each other either, I might as well use a song unfamiliar to EVERYONE, so they all start on the same page. And when they get it, they get it together. Awesome in Power allows that to happen quite easily and quickly, IF you do it the way I did.

Try it out yourself and let me know how it goes for you?

2 comments:

RickMiranda said...

Wow, this is a really good tutorial. I've kind of been thrust into leading worship and I really have no special skill or talent. I sing a little bit with my wife and been learning guitar for about 5 months now.

Can you e-mail the chords you used for Awesome in Power? Thank you for your help.

RickMiranda said...

Not sure if my last post went through, sorry if it did. Just would like to get the chords you used for Awesome in Power....