Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Milestones and Looking Back...

It's a great feeling!

As I shared in my previous post, my laptop crashed and I spent lots of time offline. They were fun, refreshing and enlightening. I got to read books that gave me ideas to pursue for my website and as I charted out those ideas, I realized how far out of my comfort zone they would take me.

I also suddenly realized that my site has become what I originally wanted it to be.

For those of you who have been around long enough and saw the original layout of my site (what I had in May 2008), well, that was the best I could come up with at that time. My understanding of HTML and all that was really limited (actually, non-existent). Sad, right?

But things just magically clicked together (no pun intended) after I grit my teeth and got that site out. New info came my way, and I found that I could just add in more and more of what I wanted my site to have. Then I accidentally crashed my own site sometime in August and had to rebuild everything exactly the way I wanted it.

And that feels REALLY good. Get what I mean?

As I said before, I wanted my site to:

1) explain my Invisible Worship Musician e-book - Well, that was obvious, right? I created training materials I felt I could be proud of, information that has been battle-tested in the worship ministry and blessed many people. Now it's time to up the ante and share it with the rest of the world.

2) offer Worship Ministry e-course to give people a taste of what i teach - Why do that? Because I know that there are people around who actually GET worship ministry, people who subconsciously understand what really works. I DON'T want those people buying my e-book, so I provide the e-course for them to check out my materials and see that they don't need it.

Bad business move? Not really. From May up till now I have not had to give a single refund. Which suggests that I have effectively screened the prospective buyers effectively, so that those who don't need what I offer don't buy it.

3) show Worship Ministry articles as a quick and easy reference guide for anyone involved with the worship ministry - they are short pieces of teaching that can be easily read and used. They don't replace what I teach in my book, but they are helpful and I want everyone to benefit from them.

What's next? Stuff that makes me really uncomfortable, things that have me praying that God will bring me resources, link me up with the right people, and give me LOTS of courage.

And stuff that will further increase the teaching value of my site, to make it an effective and useful resource for worship leaders and musicians for all over the world.

So for now, I am holding a special promotion for my Invisible Worship Musician materials. It's called the Milestones Sale and it allows you to purchase my materials at US$37 ($20 off the usual price). Do grab this special offer, it's only available from now until 8th November. And it will probably be the very last special promotion for this in 2008.

Stay tuned for further developments! And do contact me with your ideas and feedback for what else I can add to my website, I'd love to hear from you!

Be blessed!

No comments: